As the number of companies offering electronic payment services continues to increase at a rapid pace, the fees being charged and the commissions being offered for transaction processing services have become extremely competitive. As a result, companies that offer transaction processing services must be able to quickly respond and modify pricing structures based on specific business relationships.
Concourse – Fees & Commissions is a real-time, rules-based software solution that is giving companies the flexibility to calculate any type of fee or commission on any electronic payment transaction. This includes interchange fees, gateway fees, processing fees, service fees, recurring fees, commissions, and much more. Below are just a few methods that can be leveraged within the system to create unique and competitive pricing structures:
- Flat or Tiered
Today’s financial service providers such as banks, card networks, and payment service providers are processing high volumes of electronic payment transactions (e.g., ATM, POS, debit, credit, prepaid, mobile, etc.). The data for these transactions is typically coming from multiple sources (e.g., payment gateways, card associations, regional networks, third-party processors, etc.). To ensure financial equivalency and reduce financial risk, financial service companies must accurately identify and quickly resolve discrepancies between all their transaction data sources. This transaction reconciliation process can be cumbersome, time consuming, and inaccurate.
Concourse – Reconciliation is a real-time, rules-based software solution that automatically matches and accurately identifies discrepancies between all transaction data sources. At any time, financial service providers can view their current reconciliation status, net position, suspense items, and data discrepancies. They can also view the specific reason for each discrepancy and provide superior exception resolution services.
Concourse – Reconciliation enhances operational efficiency and reduces financial risk because it does the following:
- Automatically loads data from all transaction data sources
- Links data and creates complete transaction life cycle
- Reconciles data from two or more data sources
- Performs both transaction and balancing reconciliation
- Provides real-time view of reconciliation status
For almost two decades, BHMI has been offering an internship program for students pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees in Computer Science or MIS. BHMI is honored to welcome the following individuals who will be participating in the Summer Session of the BHMI Internship Program:
- Ibrahim Nikiema, Pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Bioinformatics with a Minor in Computer Science
- Allison Cassel, Pursuing Master’s Degree in Computer Science
- Alyssa Lasher, Pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and Math
- Rakesh Jemene, Pursuing Master’s Degree in Computer Science
- Zachary Meyer, Pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science with a Minor in Math
BHMI will be accepting applications for the Fall Internship Session from July 17 through August 14, 2015.
Learn More about BHMI Internship Program
One of the most critical components of processing credit, debit, prepaid, and mobile transactions is the successful exchange of funds among all transaction participants. The settlement of electronic payment transactions must occur every day, for every transaction. During the last few years, the settlement process has become very complex because transaction volumes, transaction methods, and transaction participants have been increasing at a rapid pace. As a result, the settlement of all transaction types between all transaction participants is not an easy task. Especially since it is critical that the settlement process is 100% accurate and is completed within strict settlement windows.
BHMI is the creator of Concourse – Extended Settlement, a PCI (PA-DSS) compliant software solution that takes the risk out of settlement processing and funds movement. It is a rules-based, continuous processing solution that is helping companies:
• Improve financial performance
• Reduce operational costs
• Easily adapt to change
• Improve customer loyalty
Due to increasing market demand for the Concourse Financial Software Suite, BHMI is continuing to add new team members to its Concourse Product Division.
BHMI is excited to welcome the following individuals:
- Courtney Bremer has joined BHMI as a Concourse Senior Project Manager. Courtney has experience in the electronic payments industry with considerable knowledge in disputes operations and project management. Courtney is a member of the BHMI project management team and is focused on the management of Concourse software implementation projects for BHMI clients.
- Jennifer Brugmann has joined BHMI as a Concourse Business Analyst. Jennifer has extensive experience with the disputes management process and network-specific dispute regulations for electronic payment transactions. At BHMI, Jennifer is part of the team that manages the dispute regulation configurations that are in the Concourse – Disputes module for the card associations such as MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express.
- Gita Joshi has joined BHMI as a Concourse QA Engineer. Gita specializes in developing, executing, and managing formal test strategies. She is a member of the Concourse quality assurance team. This team is responsible for creating and performing functional, regression, integration, and system testing.
- Jacob Vosik has been an intern at BHMI since November of 2012. In May of 2015, Jacob will receive a Bachelor of Computer Science degree from the University of Nebraska at Omaha. BHMI is excited that Jacob has accepted a full-time Software Engineer position at BHMI and will be working with the Concourse Financial Software development team.
Read Full Press Release
Through March 27th, Baldwin Hackett & Meeks, Inc. (BHMI) is accepting intern applications for the Summer Session. BHMI is looking for Information Science, Computer Science, and Computer Engineering students with a focus in programming or software development. Students who are selected to participate in the BHMI Summer Intern Program will receive the following learning opportunities:
- Gain real-world programming experience with object-based languages (Java, C#, C++).
- Assist with projects that employ contemporary and emerging technologies.
- Obtain exposure to a wide range of development environments (JEE, .NET, SOA, SharePoint, Seam).
For more information on the BHMI Intern Program, please go to www.bhmi.com/pdf/intern%20Program.pdf.
The Concourse Financial Software Suite allows financial institutions, networks, and third-party processors to manage the back office processing of electronic payment transactions (e.g., credit, debit, POS, ATM, mobile, prepaid, etc.). For more than a decade, BHMI has focused on making the Concourse Financial Software Suite the most flexible and powerful back office software solution in the electronic payments industry. As a result, the market demand is growing and the timing is right to expand the Concourse Product Division.
Below are the most recent additions to the Concourse product team:
- Marc Vaughn has joined BHMI as the Concourse Sales Director. Marc has over 30 years of experience in the electronic payments industry, and he will be responsible for leading the sales initiatives of the Concourse Product Division.
- Doug Edwards has joined BHMI as a Concourse Senior Technical Writer. Doug has over 30 years of experience with technical writing in the financial services industry. He has joined the documentation team within the Concourse Product Division.
- Matthew Wright has joined BHMI as a Concourse UI Engineer. Matt has extensive experience with application user interface design and development. He is a member of the team in charge of the browser-based interface for the Concourse Financial Software Suite.
- Nancy Sayles has joined BHMI as a Concourse Quality Assurance Engineer. Nancy is a proven specialist at regression testing and quality control procedures. She is part of the Concourse Quality Assurance Team.
- Phil Dalton has joined BHMI as a Concourse Systems Engineer. Phil has over 26 years of experience in the software technology industry and an additional 11 years of experience in outside sales. He is working with the application design team within the Concourse Product Division.
Read Full Press Release
The team at BHMI would like to wish you and your family a joyous holiday season and a happy new year. Please click the image below to see a brief holiday video.
Due to strong growth, BHMI is proud to add a 30-year electronic payments veteran, Marc E. Vaughn, to lead the sales efforts of the Concourse Financial Software Product Division.
For decades, Mr. Vaughn has helped many companies in the electronic payments industry select software solutions that reduce costs, save time, and improve customer service. BHMI selected Mr. Vaughn because of his long-standing reputation for understanding client needs and proposing solutions that meet strategic business objectives.
Read Full Press Release
Through March 10, 2014, BHMI is accepting applications from college students for its Software Development Summer Internships. These internships will begin in May and end in August.
BHMI’s internship program helps students acquire real-world software development skills and experience. Interns participate as part of a development team with a flexible schedule. To learn more about BHMI’s internship program, please visit http://www.bhmi.com/internProgram.pdf. Candidates may also be interested in viewing this video.
To apply, students of local universities can email their resumes and transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: “Intern Application”.